There are two main networks that are wireless to Residents residing on campus at OSU Stillwater (in places where Wi-Fi can be acquired):
Protected option that is wireless
EDUROAM is guaranteed with WPA2-enterprise encryption. This encryption keeps your data MUCH safer when utilizing a computer device on Wi-Fi than a network that is open.
In order to connect to EDUROAM:
- Merely choose it in your Wi-Fi setup screen and make use of your full @okstate.edu current email address and password that is OKEY it asks.
- Accept/Trust the safety certification if it asks you to definitely do this.
- This is all you need to do for most devices.
- Some devices may ask you to select other choices included in the connection procedure.
- If for example the unit wants an EAP method, enter PEAP. Set period 2 Authentication to MSCHAPv2 (this method could possibly be concealed in an “advanced” area).
- Then set the Domain to “ad.okstate.edu” if you have a area for CA Certificates, select “Use System Certificates” and.
- In the event your device won’t have a “Use System Certificates” option, you can select “Do not Validate” instead (but remember that this may leave you at risk of a person at the center assault, therefore be sure you are linking in an area where you expect you’ll get the EDUROAM solution).
- If you notice a field called “Anonymous Identity”, simply leave it blank. The remainder choices should really be kept inside their standard settings.
In case your products support WPA2-enterprise encryption (smart phones, laptops, & most pills) we strongly recommend you link those products to EDUROAM.
Start option that is wireless
OSURESLIFE is just a network that is new will not require encryption. It really is just for sale in the household Halls and Apartments (where Wi-Fi is present), it shall maybe not work throughout the rest of campus.
You would like to connect to Wi-Fi that doesn’t support WPA2-enterprise encryption but does support open networks (such as smart TV’s, Roku/AppleTV, kindle/nook e-readers, game consoles, etc. ), you can register them to connect to the OSURESLIFE network if you have devices.
Please take into account that this community is unencrypted. You really need to approach this system utilizing the exact same care as you would an open Wi-Fi system in a cafe. You shouldn’t make use of a tool with this community for connecting to any site or solution where your private information might be at danger. Whenever possible (such as for example click reference with Smart TVs and Game Consoles) it is much safer and more reliable to merely connect the unit in to the wired system with an ethernet cable.
products that do not support available companies or WPA2-enterprise (such as for instance smart speakers, wifi lights, wifi video security cameras, etc. ) are currently perhaps not supported from the Wi-Fi sites at OSU